22 Feb 2016 - 4 pm - 6:30 pm
DePaul Center – Room 8005 1 E Jackson Blvd Chicago, IL 60604
Monday, Feb 22, 2016 / 4 pm – 6:30 pm
Registration: 3:30 – 4:00 pm
Session: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Networking: 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Location: De Paul Center, Room 8005 (8th floor)
1 E. Jackson Blvd (enter through Barnes & Noble)
Chicago, IL 60604
Society of Actuaries President Craig Reynolds, FSA, MAAA, will provide his perspective on the future of the actuarial field and how the SOA is helping advance the profession. He will share updates from the SOA strategic plan covering key areas of focus for members and candidates, including education, professional development and opportunities for actuaries.
Craig W. Reynolds, FSA, MAAA
President, Society of Actuaries
Craig W. Reynolds is President of the Society of Actuaries (SOA). Reynolds is a principal and consulting actuary at Milliman where he co-manages the Seattle Life Insurance Consulting Practice. An employee of Milliman since 1989, he assists domestic and international life insurance clients with financial forecasts, mergers and acquisitions, product development and management, financial reporting, asset-liability management, and software implementation. Reynolds has extensive U.S. experience and has also worked in a number of countries around the world, including Japan, South Korea, China, Bermuda, Canada, France, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, and Argentina.
Reynolds has been an active SOA volunteer.
The following highlights some of his volunteer activities:
- Financial Reporting Section Council, including two years as secretary
- Frequent author for the Financial Reporter and Product Matters
- Approximately 10 years of service on the Valuation Actuary Symposium planning committee, including several years as chair
- Member of a number of SOA Project Oversight Groups, including chairing a POG on model efficiency
- Co-author of one SOA research report and many such reports for Milliman, on a range of financial reporting topics
- Member of the AAA Modeling Efficiency Working Group
- Co-author of the Principles Based Reserve Practice Note
- Three years on the SOA Board of Directors
Registration closes February 18, 2016.
The presentation can be found here: Chicago Actuarial Association_Reynolds Presentation 2.22.2016_FINAL-NOTESpptx