7 Jul 2016 - 11:30 am - 6 pm
DePaul Center – Suite 8005 1 E Jackson Blvd Chicago, IL 60604
The Chicago Actuarial Association is partnering with the Arditti Center for Risk Management at DePaul University to present a conference entitled “Climate Risk: Identification, Assessment, Risk Management” on Thursday, July 7, 2016.
Dr. Mark Potosnak, Associate Professor of Environmental Sciences at DePaul University, will give the keynote address. Expert panels will address the topics of identifying specific climate risks, assessing their impact on our economy and living standards, and managing these risks.
This program will qualify for 4.8 units of Actuarial CPD credit.
11:30 a.m.—Registration and Buffet Lunch
12:10 p.m. –Welcome
12:15 p.m.—Keynote Address, Dr. Mark Potosnak, Associate Professor of Environmental Sciences at DePaul University.
1:00 p.m.—Panel 1: Defining the Risk
- Dr. Patrick McHaffie, Associate Professor of Geography and Sustainable Urban Development at De Paul University (moderator)
- Dr. Jim Angel, State Climatologist, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois
- Ronora Stryker, ASA, MAAA, Research Actuary at the Society of Actuaries
2:15 p.m.—Panel 2: Climate Change: How Severe Is the Risk to Property Insurers?
- Michael Pedraja, Managing Director, Aon (moderator)
- Paul Eaton, Aon Benfield Analytics
- TBA, Meteorologist and Flood Expert
4:00 p.m.—Panel 3: What Is the Market Response?
- Tony Danielak, Senior VP, RJ O’Brien
- John Eber, Managing Director, Energy Investments, J.P. Morgan
- Michael Marano, Director of Energy Products at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange
Registration fee is $75 for CAA members (and members of other co-sponsoring organizations). Registration fee is $100 for non-members.
CAA members register at: http://depaulclimaterisk.eventbrite.com/?discount=CAA
Non-members register at: http://depaulclimaterisk.eventbrite.com
Questions? Call Pat Pruitt at 312-751-3392.